Thursday 25 March 2010

Zapped!

I just deleted my Formspring account.

Compared to the agonizing and soul-searching which I went through over my decision to leave BME, and which I wrote about yesterday, this one was a total no-brainer. In the three months during which I'd had it, I only ever got asked two questions, and neither of those was much more than spam - although I did try and give reasonably meaningful answers. In all honesty I think it's a rather pointless idea and I only joined because a few other people did at the same time. Basically it caters for the trivial: I mean if anyone has a serious question to which they want a proper answer, they're going to ask you directly.

One thing which did puzzle me slightly about it was the tendency of some people to complain bitterly about the type of questions they were asked. If you set yourself up as an Aunt Sally, you're going to get pot-shots taken at you and while those which bordered on the openly malicious went beyond a simple mischievous annoyance value, letting people know that their teasing/bullying is getting to you is the worst possible way of simply encouraging it all the more, and always has been.

Anyway, I'm not going to miss it one little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment