Wednesday 5 May 2010

Time for a spring-clean

Looking around me in the house this morning, the realization dawned on me that it's about time - well past time, in fact - that I had a proper clear out. Between the stuff that doesn't fit me anymore (some of which never did), the stuff I don't like and don't wear, the stuff I bought on impulse and never used..... you get the idea. So since coincidentally I got an email from eBay last night saying there's a free listing weekend this weekend, I'm going to try my hand at selling.

I've never sold before, only bought - so I'm not sure if it's best to cram in as many listings as possible on the theory that buyers like a lot of choice, but I shall be glad to see the back of some of the accumulated junk if only to make more room to live in. It's certainly something I've toyed with doing before but never got round to, so I just need to motivate myself to whip out the camera, start taking some pics and writing a bit of "copy". I'll perhaps start off with the what's in best condition first since that's what theoretically is worth the most - though on eBay that doesn't always follow! It sounds like a bit of fun anyway: I can always try again later with what's left: the only real alternative being to simply throw it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment